January 30, 2008

October 24, 2003

Next month is the one year anniversary of the Bobik "Bidness" so I am going to make this month's newsletter a special edition called "Non of your Bidness!" I'm going to make everything your business in this edition by sharing random things with you that not everybody knows about Daniel, Jaxton and me but things close friends and family should. If you didn't learn enough about us through the past year this should totally fill you in. We feel that if we can bring just one smile to your face our job is done so I hope you enjoy. We will start with favorite words: My favorite words are "Hooray!" "Fabulous!" and "Boo". Daniel's favorite words are "Peace" "For-sho-do" "you're right Natalie" "true" and "what-up dawg?" Jaxton's favorite words are "dad" "mom" "bye" and "ba" (which means bottle or boo depending on what the context is). Favorite Colors: N: lime green D: yellow and J: red. Favorite places to be in our house: N: craft/scrapbook room D: bean bag and J: wherever I happen to be. Favorite cartoon characters: N: Goofy D: Scooby Doo and J: Elmo. Favorite movies: N: How to Lost a Guy in 10 days D: Top Gun and J: Elmo's World-The Wild Wild West! Favorite treats: N: starburst and skittles D: snickers and J: oreo's.
Practice is underway at the good old old Gallagher Iba Arena and Daniel came home the other night with 5 stitches in his chin. I told you that this Big 12 stuff was a lot more physical. He hasn't been able to shave now for the last week and so he is a little scruffy. Plus the stitches hang down and they look like long think hairs sticking out of a mole or something. It's totally sick and it reminds me of the Chinese guy in the University Mall that had a little place in the food court. Every time I ordered ham fried rice I made sure the hair in his mole was till there after he scooped up my serving. I know, I know, that's disgusting! Enough about hairy moles and back to Daniel. Things are liking good for the basketball team and all I know is that this year is going to be fun and exciting. There are so many good players on the team that it can't be anything else but fun and exciting.
I have been up to decorating our new little house and scrapbooking my little hear out. Our house is so nice and my craft room is the greatest place on earth. I decorated it in bright green and purple, which was inspired by a garbage can I fell in love with at Target. I made cute curtains to match and a fabric memory board and I found all sorts of things to coordinate. We mounted shelves on the wall that I painted bright green and purple and I spray painted my cork board and some picture frames too. It's absolutely fabulous! Hooray for Target (everybody needs a break from Wal-mart at time), Hooray for garbage cans and Hooray for bright green and purple. Everybody just needs to come visit us so they can see all the fun things I am talking about.
My mom and sister were out here visiting a couple of weeks ago on Homecoming weekend and we had a blast! Homecoming here is a HUGE thing. OSU has a bit parade and all the fraternities and sororities build these float type things in their front yards and everybody goes and does a "walk around" to see them all. The best part about Homecoming was the the Oscar Meyer Weiner-mobile was here in Stillwater and Kristi and I jumped at the chance to get our picture taken with it!!
Because we are completely spoiled when my mom is in town I have been experiencing some major McDonald's and Sonic withdrawals.
My mom loved the top bunk and it was so cute because every morning when Jaxton would wake up the first thing he would do is reach for the top bunk to make sure my mom was there and then he would want to get up there and snuggle with her. he loves his Nanny, that's for sure and she loves him too. Kristi knew that he loved Elmo so when she came she brought him the Hokey Pokey Elmo, it is so fun! He loves to squeeze it's little hand to turn him on and then while Elmo is doing the Hokey Pokey, Jaxton makes up his own version of the Hokey Pokey. (Personally, I think Jaxton's is better).
Jaxton is wonderful!! He is in the stage right now where he is copying everything we do and it's darling. I have to tell you the funniest story. the other day we had Melvin inside playing with Jaxton and I could tell the Melvin was totally thirsty so I gave him some water and he just slurped it right up. anyway, Melvin was pooped and he needed some alone time so I put him back out in the garage and when I turned around Jaxton was down on all fours bent over Melvin's bowl about ready to drink out of it. I said, "Jaxton, no no sweetie" and he looked up at me with his tongue hanging out of his mouth ! I was laughing so hard. So Jaxton isn't only imitating everything we do he is imitating what Melvin does also.
For Halloween this year Jaxton is going to be a skeleton. We got the cutest little costume at Old Navy so I will send you pictures when I get them back. This will be his first trick or treating experience and you can bet that I will have the camera ready. AT our church they have a thing called a "Trunk or Treat" where everyone from the ward comes to the church and parks in the parking lot and lifts up their trunk while the kids go trick or treating from car to car instead of house to house. Fabulous idea isn't it. Jaxton isn't shy so I won't be surprised if he ends up with more candy than the older kids!
Melvin is now officially an"it"! We had him neutered last week because everyone has told me that the best Pugs are neutered males. I know you all want to know about Melvin's personal life so don't even try to act like you don't. He's part of our family too, you know.
Back to :"None of you Bidness" I'm leaving that up to you. If you want to know anything, I mean anything about Daniel, Jaxton, or me just let me know and I will post it in next month's newsletter. Then you will really find out what you don't know but should. have a great Halloween and eat lots of treats. We love you guys and hope to see you all soon.

No comments: