January 30, 2008

November 18, 2004

Holy smokes, has it been a couple of the craziest months EVER!!! Life has taken a few unexpected turns but we've got them under control. For those of you who may not know my sister and I turned our "Cool Chicks Wear Orange" fame into our own little business that not only has orange but every school color you could ask for, except Crimson of course. We have been doing booths outside of the last 3 home Football games and they have been VERY successful!! The first week we totally sold out of T-shirts. It was great! Kristi and I have been excited about his all along but it has been so fun to see other people get as excited as we are. I designed some new screen prints that have a basketball and Daniel's number incorporated in them so you'll have to check them out all you Bobik #20 fans. They are my favorite products and you know, without him playing basketball for OSU none of this would be happening. It's totally fun!! Our website is up and running. Check us out at: www. coolchickswear.com. Orders are starting to come and I still don't think we have a clue what we have gotten ourselves into. I never dreamed in a million years that I would be starting a business that so many people are excited about with the greatest sister in the whole world! The best part about this whole thing is that we are having so much fun. I am considering having some reps for our company. I would pay a commission on each shirt you were able to sell. Let me know if anyone is interested because Cool chicks don't only apply to college age girls they apply to high school girls or pro sports fans. The possibilities are endless!! Log onto our website and let me know what you think. I'd really appreciate some feedback.
Basketball season has started. I can't believe it! They have already played two exhibition games and non-conference games start tomorrow. We have some fun travel plans coming up. I get to go to Dallas. I am traveling to New York on December 5th with my mom and sister to watch the OSU vs. Syracuse game at Madison Square Garden. And then I get to travel to Utah with Jaxton on December 16th to go to the game in Las Vegas on the 18th and then stay a few extra days to visit family and friends before the Holidays. It's a crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Check the schedule and let us know who's coming for what game. This is your last chance to see Daniel play in Gallagher-Iba Arena my friends and it's something you don't want to miss. TRUST ME!
Jaxton is a monkey! he wears me out every single day. I seriously have never slept better in my entire life and I'm ready for bed by 9:00. People without children laugh at me when I am chasing him around whatever store I happen to be in and I just want to say, "Laugh now, you'll get your turn." It doesn't help that his attitude would give anyone a run for their money. he still loves his horses but now he also loves DINOSAURS!!! "oh no, oh no, dinosaurs are tomin." He pronounces his c's as t's that's why the dinosaurs are "tomin:" instead of coming. "Look at that!" he says when he's excited about something new. "Tome on Daniel," he says when he wants Daniel to play with him. "Show me" he says when he wants to show us something or he needs help with something. "Hot dog, chicken" is his way of trying to get out of going to bed at night. he's a character but we love him more than anything. he loves to read and color. In fact, he loves to color so much that he drew a nice red border around our entire room and on the television, pictures, and mirror. But that's not the kicker, about a week later when the babysitter was suppose to be babysitting somehow he got a hold of a black SHARPIE and drew beautiful details on the walls in his room. There was sharpie on his wood bed, his lamp, his night stand, and the back of his door. who does he thing he is, PICASSO? Luckily the babysitter had some sort of cleaner that got it off and put a little bit of touch up paint on the walls so everything is OK. I tell you, if you take your eyes off him for one second he's into something new. Not only is he an artist, he's a great problem solver. he has learned that if he can't reach something, all you need is a chair to give you a little "boost". Heck, those things are now so high I even have to get a chair to reach them! For a couple of days I couldn't figure out why he would never eat his lunch, but that I caught him with his little paw in the Oreo's and almost the entire bag was empty along with all of the Halloween treats and whatever else I had in those cupboards. The little turkey was just helping himself and Eddie out with whatever they felt hey needed. It's amazing how much more he eats now that the treats are out of reach. What a kid!!
For Thanksgiving this year we are once again celebrating with our wonderful friends Sterling and Tara Bone. Sterling's parents John and JoAnn are coming in on Tuesday, we are so excited! They are the greatest and I'll tell you what, they know how to cook one scrumptious Thanksgiving dinner. We have so many wonderful people in our lives. That's what I'm thankful for this year....ALL OF YOU!!!

No comments: