January 30, 2008

December 3, 2006 Christmas Bobik "Bidness"

Hey Friends,

First of all, I need to apologize for not keeping in touch with everybody like I normally do. My Bobik "Bidness" newsletters ceased to exist once we arrived in Germany last year because my mamma always taught me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! Although Germany was VERY hard (and being pregnant didn't help things AT ALL) it was a good experience for us and the longer we are away from the situation, the fonder our memories get. In Germany we met some of the greatest people in our Military ward. Friends that we will love and have forever and in my opinion there is nothing better than friends. So with that being said, I will fill you in on the Bobik's who are now back in Oklahoma (who would have thought) and loving it! Okie's for life baby!!!
I have to say one thing and that is, I had no idea how much my husband really talked until he quit playing basketball!!! It's amazing how many words he can say without taking a breath! It's so great to have him home every night. We celebrated our first Thanksgiving together, with no basketball practice to have to work around, in 5 years. I didn't quite know what to do with myself and it actually caught me by surprise that I would have to learn how to make a Thanksgiving meal. Speaking of Thanksgiving, the only way to describe it this year is POOR WHITE TRASH!!! Our plans fell through because of sickness and so at the last minute I realized it was my job to prepare the meal and suddenly I was really really missing my Grandma and I began asking myself, "Why, why didn't you pay more attention to what Grandma was doing all of those years?" To make a long story short I prepared AND ate that meal in my pajamas. Jaxton ate and hung out in his underwear all day. Blaykli was in her diaper and Daniel had on his basketball shorts. Nothing on our table matched and we laughed the entire meal. The food wasn't too bad but I could use some tips on mashed potates and stuffing. Next time that happens my vote is Golden Corral!!
Jaxton is 4. he started Pre-K this year and absolutely loves it. Everyday he says to me, "Mom, when is school time?" His teacher is Mrs. Nicar, who he totally adores and it's fun to watch him learning so much and using his little imagination like he does. His teacher wants to get him screened for A.D.D. and for any of you that know Daniel's brother Aaron that will be of no surprise to you. Jaxton is a mini Aaron and as much as I love Aaron, I have to say that scares me a little!!! Jaxton is a great kid and he brings so much laughter to our lives. It is so fun to watch the love that he has for his daddy!! There isn't anyone in this world he loves as much as his dad and any phrase that comes out of Daniel's mouth is used by Jaxton over and over again so he has to be very careful. Jaxton loves to remind us that he's "dangerous", and his favorite words right now would have to be "toot sniff". Hmmmmmm, I wonder where he got that one? I swear.

Blaykli is 8 months old and is a delight!!! I can't even tell you how much fun I'm having with a little "cool chick " of my own. She is such a wonderful baby, but she has an attitude and it's awesome! She started crawling almost a month ago and is now pulling herself up on things and thinking she is pretty darn cool. We have to get tubes put in her ears because she has had 4 ear infections in the last 2 1/2 months. That hasn't been fun for anyone. Poor little stinker. As fun as it is to watch the love Jaxton has for Daniel, it is just as much fun to watch the love Blaykli has for her brother. No matter what, when she sees him she grins from ear to ear and it's tender.
And now for me, I'm just as busy as ever being a mother of two and running "Cool Chicks Wear..." We launced a brand new website last Friday (check it out) and it has been a big hit so far with those people that have seen it. It's very fun and bright but what else would you expect from Kristi and me? Life is so interesting but so fun and I have to say, I love it!
Being here is OK has given us the opportunity to go to the OSU football and basketball games and it's been great. I love seeing all of the people we used to sit by game after game and the friends that we made while living in Stillwater. The other night at a basketball game when the William Tell Overture came on all eyes were on me to see if I was going to do the "horse dance". Do they think I'm crazy? It just wouldn't be the same without my sister but I did stand up with Blaykli and she did a miniature version of it, giggling the whole time. It was pretty cute. Anyway, after the game a member of the OSU band called Kristi's phone and told her, "so your sister totally whoosed out on the horse dance tonight, but she had her daughter do it and that was cool. Anyway, we just want you to know that we really miss you guys and things just aren't the same without you here." No kidding, nobody else in their right mind would make fools of themself's quite like we did. When we start adverising at the games Kristi is going to have to come back and we are going to have to do the horse dance. People will be so excited!

We are off to California for christmas this year so for those of you who we will get to see HOORAY! For those of you we won't, we love and miss you and hopefully we will see you soon. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments: