January 30, 2008

August 28, 2003

We're back!!! Back to good old Oklahoma, back to school, back to being domestic, and most importantly back to shopping at the only place to shop here in Stillwater...WALMART! I though this day was never going to come. My first trip back to Wal-Mart last Monday was magical. I had my pajamas on, no makeup, my hair wasn't combed, my teeth weren't brushed, and I fit right in!! I stepped through the doors, took a deep breath of the smoky fresh air, smiled, and said to myself, "Hooray, Hooray, Hooray, what a fabulous day!!"
Sorry it has taken us so long to get in touch with everybody. When I returned home and got online I found out that we had six different viruses on our computer, the so called "Worm Blaster" is the one that has been kicking our trash. A friend of ours works on computers so he has been helping us get rid of the virus so that we don't pass it on to all of you.
Our summer in Utah was absolutely fabulous and just what we needed. It was full of family, friends, basketball camps, bowling adventures, baby contests, birthday parties, BBQ's, building the play house I won on "The Price is Right," trips to Park City, the Stadium of Fire, a Lagoon day, wedding receptions and yard sales. We had so much fun and we just want to let you all know how much we love each one of you and appreciate all that you have done for us. Daniel, Jaxton and I are truly blessed to have such wonderful support from each of you. Thank you for everything.
Jaxton took his first steps on August 8th. He walked from my dad to me, Hooray! It's a good thing that he did because my mom said she wasn't going to let him go home until she saw him walk. She said that because the three weeks that Daniel was gone all he cared about was Jaxton waiting to walk until he got home. So, in those three weeks we didn't do anything to help him get a head start on walking and my mom would have been totally bummed if she missed it. I don't think Jaxton would have minded staying with my mom because he loves his Nanny! She was over every morning giving him his bath, dressing him, feeding him and changing his diapers. Then back every night to bath him and feed him, put his pajamas on and put him to bed. Sometimes they even had slumber parties. I don't know who misses her more, him or me.
Jaxton has learned to give kisses. These aren't just ordinary kisses. They are the slobberiest things you will ever experience. He loves to play Peek a Boo and play with the phone and you'll never guess what he does when he gets his hands on it. He puts it up to his ear and he paces with it because that is what he sees his daddy doing every time he gets his hands on one. Seriously, he'll walk from one end of the hall to the other holding the phone to his ear blabbering away. Now if that doesn't show us how much he watches our every move and how much he loves his daddy, I don't know what will.
We came back to Oklahoma with a new addition to our family. We got a puppy! He's a pug named Melvin! He's crazy like us so he fits right in. He likes to eat crickets, paper, thread, and duct tape. His favorite thing to do is jump up and lick Jaxton's ears so now when Jaxton sees Melvin coming he covers his ears with his hands, it is hilarious!
We don't have the Basketball schedule yet but we do know when OSU plays BYU at the Delta Center, Saturday, December 6th and 4:00 p.m. So mark your calendars and get ready to cheer. GO COWBOYS!! Let us know if you are planning on coming. We aren't sure how many tickets we will be able to get so we can't make any promises but we will do what we can. As soon as we get the schedule we will send one out.

No comments: