January 29, 2008

January 20, 2003

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and have gotten off on the right foot with the New Year. It was so much fun to spend time with those of you whom we were able over the holiday break. Thank you for your thoughtful gifts and the love that you give Daniel, Jaxton and I. We love you all so much!
So my story of the month happened today, just in time for Bobik Bidness. I made spaghetti pie for dinner tonight, I grabbed it with one hand to put it in the oven and it slipped and splattered all over the floor. Daniel had a look on his face like, "is that a joke" and I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry. I chose to laugh and you know what I did, I just got a fork and scooped up all of the stuff that wasn't touching the floor and cooked it anyway. I know, that's disgusting, but I have to say that was the best spaghetti pie I have ever eaten!! I'm sure a few of you have stories like that of your own when you were in our shoes.
School has started for Daniel once again and to be honest I think he, along with the rest of the team, is glad because those two a day practices were starting to get really long. They were worth it though because as most of you probably know Oklahoma State beat BYU!!! Daniel and I will always have some cougar blue in our blood but that was one of the sweetest victories that we have ever encountered. The best part of the game was when Travis Hansen fouled out (we are not friends)! I was going crazy up in the stands and all of the OSU managers, red shirt players, etc. were laughing their heads off at me. Before that game they all though that I was a nice, calm and quiet person. Shoot, I blew my cover!! Anyway, the next day at practice Coach Sutton came up to Daniel and asked, "Does your wife get that excited over all of the games?" Just wait until next year baby! OSU also beat their rival OU last Monday. For Daniel and I that was one unbelievable experience. When the team ran out on the court and the fans started to cheer chills ran up my spine because it was so loud. Daniel looked up at me from the floor and said, "Now that's what I'm talking about." I couldn't believe the intensity that was in that arena. You couldn't even hear the refs blow their whistles or the buzzers buzz. It was out of control!! Now I know why Sports Illustrated named it the best college atmosphere in the nation. For all of you BYU fans take the BYU vs. Utah game at the Marriott Center last year and times that by 35 and you would have the noise level about right. I didn't take Jaxton to the game because he has been sick but after experiencing that I don't think I will be taking him next year either. Big 12 games are a lot more intense and physical than we were used to..this is BIG TIME BASKETBALL.
As for me I have been trying to adjust once again to good old Stillwater. Every time I get to go home I go through the whole homesick thing for awhile. I am usually alright until I have to go grocery shopping at Walmart again BOOOOO. The fact that Walmart is the only place to shop here is a little depressing at times, especially after being spoiled by my mom while we were in Utah. We got to go out to dinner and go to the movies and relax with no worries. THANKS MOM! Those of you who have known me forever won't believe that I cut my hair while I was in Utah. It is a little about my chin and I totally look like a little mommy, which is what I was trying to achieve! I love it and it's a totally new look for me because I have never had short hair before. Daniel loves it and there is less for Jaxton to pull, so it works out for all of us. Besides being a mommy I have been sewing my little heart out. My mom bought me a really nice sewing machine for Christmas. It was a total surprise and I was so excited when I opened it I almost peed my pants. I am a beginner but I am having a fabulous time learning and have made some really fun things already. Other than that I am looking forward to the trip Jaxton, my mom, my grandma and I will be taking to Japan in a few weeks to watch my sister Kristi dance at Tokyo Disney. Japan is going to be quite an adventure with a 7 month old baby but with everyone's help it will be a blast! I have missed my sister so much and I am excited to see what she has been doing in Japan the last 6 months. Kristi can't wait to see Jaxton, she has a big surprise coming her way because he has changed so much!
Jaxton has had a hard month. I took him in for his 6 month chec up and he was starting to get a cold. The Doctor said he would be fine and it would pass but 2 days later I took him back and said, "This is not just a little cold." They took x-rays and ruled out pneumonia but he tested positive for RSV, a respiratory infection which can get very dangerous. He didn't smile for 3 days straight which had us worried because he is the happiest baby ever, so Daniel and Sterling Bone came over and they gave him a blessing. 30 minutes after his blessing he smiled and started making his cute little baby sounds and started kicking like crazy. We had to keep him inside for a week straight and give him breathing treatments but he is 100% better now, and as happy as ever. On a happier note, he now has his two little bottom teeth, they are so cute! He weighs almost 17 pounds but is 29 inches long and WAY OFF THE CHARTS! If he keeps growing like this he will be 6 feet tall by the time he is 3! He is starting to eat Gerber foods and his favorites so far are potatoes and green beans. Although most of it ends up on his face we have sure gotten some cute pictures. He is in the imitating stage right now and I can tell already that he things to himself, "I want to be just like my daddy." When Daniel was eating his spaghetti pie tonight Jaxton was watching every bite that he took and copying him. It was so cute because he was chewing just like Daniel (with his mouth open). He is growing up so fast that I honestly can't believe it, even though everybody warned me that he would.
We love you all so much and hope this letter finds you healthy and happy!

No comments: