January 29, 2008

March 20, 2003

I hope ya'll are feeling this March Madness fever as much as we are. The smells of victory and defeat are in the air all around us with the NCAA tournament beginning today. This is the month basketball lovers wait for each year and what a fun month it has been so far.
We just returned from one of the greatest, most relaxing, fun weekends ever. It was spent with Mary Ann and Don Alexander (Daniel's aunt Debbie's parents for those of you who may not know them) in Frisco Texas, just outside of Dallas. We went down to watch the Big 12 Tournament but we came home with a brand new set of grandparents!! They spoiled us like we were their own grandchildren, which was not expected, but was totally appreciated. Daniel went to every tournament game with Don (who actually found and bought us tickets because the tickets we thought we had didn't exist) and I spent my time with Mary Ann and Jaxton talking, shopping, and getting a pedicure that made us feel like a million bucks!! Jaxton absolutely loved Mary Ann and she came up with some of the most creative things for him to play with that he just thought she was the coolest! She discovered Jaxton's favorite word while we were there which happens to be "Da Da" (no surprise there) and every time she said it, he would just light up and grin from ear to ear. Thanks again Mary Ann and Don, WE LOVE YOU GUYS!
Daniel is on Spring Break this week with nothing to do but sit around and watch basketball all day long ("it's about time," he says). He doesn't have practice because the cowboys are in Boston for their tournament game and depending on how they do he might not have practice again this year. He had a great red shirt year, learning the program and getting to know the guys on the team but he is really looking forward to playing next year (aren't we all).
I am just trying to come to grips with the fact that I am not going to have a husband on these tournament days. This is more like March Madness for me! If I could afford to I would totally take advantage of these types of days...I would say, "Bye Sweetie, I'm going to buy me brand new spring wardrobe." And not hearing one word I said because he is straining to listen to the announcer he would stand up and yell "YES, alright!" That is all I would need to hear and I'd be out the door. Maybe next year.
Jaxton just keeps growing and growing. he is in the funnest (I know that's incorrect English but funnest is funner to say than "most fun" so you'll have to deal with it) stage ever! He is so curious about everything. He just has to try to figure out how everything works and what noises it can made and most importantly how it tastes. I can practically see his brain growing, which would explain the big head. Oh wait, looking at Daniel right now would explain the big head!! he has really quick hands for a little guy and he doesn't give up any opportunity to grab whatever he can. he has great hand-eye coordination which makes Daniel happy because he wants him to start dribbling the basketball next month. With that hand-eye coordination he is also feeding himself his favorite, which include: graham crackers, gold fish, squash and then he washes everything down with a little apply juice YUM! The most entertaining thing Jaxton does right now is he SNORTS all of the time!! I told him the other day that he better get over that in the next couple of years or I'm not going to want to send him to school!! I guess if he's a snorter, he'll be the cutest snorter ever!
It is tornado season here in Oklahoma and it makes me a little bit nervous to be honest. Last week there was a tornado in south-east OK which was pretty far away but when my mom tried to call me on her cell phone it said, "no service" (real comforting isn't it). I guess last year they had a mild spring out here so the weather men are predicting quite a crazy spring this year. YIKES! For any of you that have information on surviving a tornado you need to let me know what it is.
That's it for the Bobik Bidness. Hope all is well and everyone is happy!

No comments: