January 30, 2008

April 5, 2006 Blaykli's Entrance Into the World

Hey Everybody,
Our little Blaykli Shalee Bobik has arrived and I have one word for her arrival into this world.......UNBELIEVABLE!!!! If it hadn't have happened to me, I wouldn't believe it myself, but this is my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
It all started on Thursday, the 30th of March. I went into my doctor for my regular check up and she told me that I wasn't dilated at all."BOOOOOO," was my first reaction, but then I was relieved because Daniel had a road trip and he was really nervous about leaving me. I came home and gave him the 'good to go' cause my doctor said she would be surprised if the baby came at all that weekend.
Well Friday came along and we took Jaxton swimming, went and got ice cream and just did our thing before Daniel had to get on the bus to leave at 5:30. Around 6:45 or so me, Jaxton and my mom went to Burger King to eat. While we were there I had a contraction that really left an impact. I said to my mom, "I think I should go home and start timing these contractions." At 7:30 I began timing and they were about 8 minutes apart for about a minute each. * Remember, I was induced with Jaxton so I had no idea what natural labor was all about.* Around 8:00 I called our Bishop who is an OBGYN and asked him to tell me a little bit about labor. He told me not to rush to the hospital at the first sign, just wait until the contractions were 3-5 minutes apart. Well, the contractions just kept coming and my back was killing me. I took a bath, called Daniel and told him to head home (he had just gotten to the place they were playing and was in the middle of eating his dinner) and then I gathered a few things together and we left for the hospital.
On the way to the hospital I had 3 contractions that about killed me."Ouch" and "Hurry" were all that I could say as my mom was driving for the first time on these crazy German streets. My mom dropped me off at the front doors of the hospital at about 8:50 p.m. and in the lobby I buckled over during another contraction and of course, there was nobody there to help me. After that contraction, I waddled over to the elevators, pushed all of the buttons and waited for the elevator to come. I vaguely remembered the breathing techniques that I learned for Jaxton's delivery but I was breathing about as heavy and as hard as possible. As soon as I got to the 2nd floor and into the Labor and Delivery station I pushed the door open and was greeted by a doctor that started talking to me in German. I yelled, "I ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH." She asked me what was going on and I yelled again, "I'M HAVING A BABY!!!" She told me that she needed to check me but by that time I was buckled over again having another contraction and I stuck my finger in the air like, 'hold on a second lady.' I only had enough energy to say, "I NEED AN EPIDURAL!" They walked me into the room and told me to take my pants off. I just kept saying, "I need an epidural." She checked me and said, "no time, no time, the baby is coming!!!!" They threw on their gowns and grabbed my legs and said,"PUSH!!!" On the first push my water broke and drenched anyone in the way. Next I knew they were all pointing to her head. One more push and it was over. (To be honest, it's all such a blur that I don'tremember if I pushed 2 times or 3 times but that was it.) Daniel completely missed it, by a good hour and a half and when my mom came in looking for me the nurse said, "the baby will be here in one minute." My mom said, "not my daughter, I just dropped her off," and then she heard me screaming, "OH IT HURTS, IT HURTS SO BAD." Blaykli was born at 9:06 p.m. on Friday March 31st.
After all of the commotion was over, the midwife stuck her 10 fingers in the air and said, "10 minuten" (10 minutes). I looked outside the door where my mom and Jaxton were sitting and said, "UNBELIEVABLE."If this is a sign of things to come with little Blaykli in our family,we can for sure look forward to many exciting adventures!!! I still can't believe that it happened that way and I really can't believe that I did it naturally. "No epidural for me," are words I NEVER thought would be coming out of my mouth in a million years. The truth is, if we would spent two more minutes at home, hit the soccer game traffic or one more stop light, my mom would have been delivering her in the car. Oh dear, now that's a scary thought!!!!
Blaykli is perfectly healthy and beautiful with a lot of her daddy in her. I will take no credit for her toes which are about as long as mine are right now! Flip flops are probably out of the question for her for the rest of her life but she has the longest most beautiful fingers, a perfect amount of brown hair, blue eyes (you can tell already) and the cutest little face. She weighed 6 1/2 pounds and was 21 inches long. Jaxton says "she has my nose and my foots!"
So much for the expected story about my manly German midwife, this ones even better. The language wasn't a barrier either because there wasn't any time for it to be!!!! Next baby I will be camping out in the hospital lobby the last week of my pregnancy regardless of where we are living!
We love you all!!!!Daniel, Natalie, Jaxton and Blaykli

1 comment:

stef j. said...

w o w ! that's awesome!