January 29, 2008

February 26, 2003

Wow! I'm cutting it close on the deadline this month but you'll have to forgive me because since returning from Japan a week ago I have been up with Jaxton every night almost all night long and then we sleep during the day. This whole time change thing has his sleeping patterns all messed up...he's trippin'! I have gradually been working him back into his schedule thanks to the good old teaspoon of Benadryl just before bedtime but then it seems that right when I fall into the deepest sleep I've had since returning home he wakes up, so I am afraid of falling asleep (seriously, it is 3:45 a.m. right now). The trip was worth it though. We had a fabulous time in Japan! That is one weird country and I'm not sure if you will believe this or not but... Japanese people have worse teeth than the people in Oklahoma. I know, I didn't think that was possible but I've seen it with my own eyes. The last night we were there Kristi and I saw a kid with only one tooth. It was brown and was right in the middle on the top, but by the looks of things I would dare say it wasn't going to be there much longer! I have never seen so many fish net tights and pointy toe, high heel boots in my life. I could have sworn that I saw Cindy Lopers entire wardrobe! I don't know what ever happened to blue jeans and tennis shoes but seeing them walk around in their 80's attire made me thankful for my comfy clothes. They wear lots of fur on their coats and I even think I saw a dead dog being used as someones purse. Whatever it was it game me nightmares!
Japanese people are crazy! I have never seen anything like it. I almost lost my life trying to get a picture with Minnie Mouse and Goofy because there were mobs of teenage people jumping up and down screaming whatever they were screaming and I was standing there thinking, "are you kidding me, do you realize that is just a person in there?" They were acting so childish I really don't think they knew the difference. After 5 minutes of standing around trying to nicely inch my way toward Minnie Mouse I finally realized I had to become as crazy as them if I wanted a picture with her and I had to get physical since I'd had enough I just grabbed her arm and smiled while my mom had her camera ready to shoot. With Goofy I just got smart and yelled, "IT"S MY TURN." Of course they didn't understand me but nobody tried to mess with me either!
Kristi's dance production was darling and I just have to say that she makes the best Cinderella I have ever seen!! My mom cried during the whole first show and I just kept saying, very proudly of course, "How many people can say that their sister is really Cinderella?" We got to hang out with all of her fans and they brought us gifts everyday we were there watching her. Her coolest fan was a 48 year old lady named Kimiko who called herself "Kristi's Japanese Mom."
Jaxton was the hit of Japan with his beautiful blue eyes and his big radiant smile. People couldn't get enough of him! On trains and subways they would just stare and in the lines at the amusement parks he was the amusement. Most of them have never seen an American baby with blue eyes but it was hilarious because when they would talk to him in Japanese he would look at them like they were insane. His eyebrows would raise and you could just see him thinking "HUH?" While we were in Japan Jaxton started sitting up on his own and sitting in high chairs at restaurants. he started eating a few solid foods like little pieces of bread and ice cream, the two most important components of his mother's diet, and he ate some rice just to say he had the complete Japanese experience.
After two weeks of being away I was ready to have my husband back and Jaxton was definitely missing his daddy. When we got to the airport and Jaxton saw Daniel for the first time it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. I was holding Jaxton in my arms and he looked at Daniel and his eyes got really big and then he turned back to me and the look on his face said, "Is that rally my daddy?" then he looked back at Daniel, excitedly kicked his legs and smiled from ear to ear. I wish I had that on video camera for everyone to see because the look in his eyes said it all and you couldn't have gotten him to quit smiling if you wanted to. I love to see how much he loves his daddy!
As for what's going on here in Oklahoma the Cowboys have really been biting the dust these last couple of weeks. They are still in pretty good standings but they have got to get their hearts back into the game that they all love. Daniel is itching to play but is thankful for this red shirt year and all that he has learned from Eddie. We are planning on traveling down to the Big 12 Tournament in Dallas next month to cheer on the pokes. I'll let you know how it goes.
Anyway, that's it for the Bobik Bidness this month. Keep smiling and know that our love is with you.

No comments: