January 29, 2008

April 26, 2003

I've been holding off on writing the Bobik Bidness this month because I just knew in my heart that something exciting was going to happen and 'sho enuf' it did. On Thursday April 24, 2003 at approximately 9:30 p.m. JAXTON CRAWLED for the very first time!! Hooray, Hooray, Hooray, What a fabulous day!! We were sitting down to a late dinner and we put our plates on the floor (yes, the floor because who would want to eat dinner at the table like a normal person?) We closed our eyes to bless our tacos and the next thing we know Jaxton is cruising to get our food. He crawled 8 little steps the first time and stuck his hand in the ketchup. We cleaned him up and put him down again and he took off once more. This time I kept moving the plates back and he kept coming for them. No one has ever been more excited about my cooking before. That was a monumental moment and the best part about it was that he waited for Daniel to get home so we both got to see his very first crawl. This has been quite a month for Jaxton. He started getting his top 4 teeth all at once. His two front ones broke through and his side ones are close but now he is getting more on the bottom. To say the least, he acts like Tylenol is candy instead of medicine and welcomes it into his mouth. His favorite treat this month is Lucky Charms. It is so cute because I will pour some onto his high chair tray and every single time he picks out and eats all of the marshmallows first!
Easter was wonderful. The weather was beautiful and the wind wasn't blowing which is a total shocker. Daniel and I were asked to speak in Sacrament meeting about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love speaking and it went well. WE were invited to eat Easter dinner with our friends Lyz and Matt Metcalf and her side of the family. It was delicious! Brisket rocks! We love the fun memories that we are making here in Oklahoma and I have to be honest...this place is growing on me, but I'm still not going to live here for the rest of my life!
The other day Daniel and I were taking Jaxton for a walk in the stroller and we ran across and car that had a license plate on the front that said, "I'd rather be shopping at Walmart." Now if that isn't the most perfect license plate for me and my shopping experiences here in Stillwater, I don't know what is. I'm on a hunt to find one for my little Civic.
I have been on a sewing rampage once again. I got to go visit my mom and sister who returned home from Japan and in our little adventures together we stopped by some fabric stores and my absolute favorite store, Mormon Handicraft. My mom bought some fun projects for me to work on and said, "I'll buy the fabric if you do the work." Well I definitely think that I got the better end of that deal and have been having a blast. I am working on a sports quilt for Jaxton and some baby things for my friends who are expecting and I actually made some really cute Capri pajama pants for me to wear int eh summer time. I love being domestic!
As for Daniel he has one week of class left and then finals. I think I am more excited for him to be done than he is because he is so busy. For those of you who think that once basketball season is over for the year so is everything else, you can think again. he still has individual workouts, lifts weights, and plays in pick-up games everyday. After that he goes to work for 3 hours a night so we can make it financially. What a guy. I had him write down a funny story that happened to him this month so in his words, here it is...
As I was pulling up my pants to go to work Victor, "the bug," Williams came around the locker room corner. My locker is the first one so inevitable he had to pass me to get to his. As he got to his locker he turned and said, "Dang dawg, isn't it about time you got some new garments, how long have you had them joints?" I was wearing some of my newer mesh garments but after a second of trying to figure out what he meant I replied, "Naw, this material is the kind with holes in it." His eyes lit up with understanding as he realized that they hadn't been washed so many times they had become see through. "I see, I see," he said.
We went to a little banquet thing today and Coach Sutton came and snagged Jaxton from me and took him up front to make his little speech. He said, "This is Natalie and Daniel's son Jax, we start recruiting them young around here. If this kid is as good as his grandpa was who played for me at Creighton and his dad is, then we will be giving him a scholarship in a couple years." It was really cute and Jaxton was just up there grinning from ear to ear.
Well that's it for the Bidness. Keep smiling and know that we love you all!

No comments: