January 29, 2008

May 21, 2003

I just want to start off this months "Bidness" by thanking all of you who have been concerned about us because of the tornado's. It was so thoughtful of those of you who called or e-mailed to make sure that we were alright. It made us feel very loved!! Tornado season is crazy in this part of the country because it is so real and it can happen so fast. It is one thing to hear about it on the news but it's another to experience it first hand. The tornado sirens went off last Friday here in Stillwater and I wasn't sure whether or not to be afraid. It's not like I'm going to do what they tell you to do which is : Put your bike helmets on and get in your bathtub with a mattress over you. First of all, I wouldn't be able to lift our kind size mattress, let alone fit it into our bathroom and second of all, WHO DOES THAT? S-T-U-P-I-D!! Just picture this-Daniel, Jaxton and I in our little bathtub (which Daniel barely fits in himself) with our bike helmets on and a mattress on top of our heads-that's not going to happen. I looked outside and everything looked pretty normal so instead of messing around with my mattress I decided to run my errands. No worries! Actually, I've seen the way they build apartments around this joint and they are basically made our of plywood with holes in it for the windows. Seeing them being built lets me know that if a tornado really did come I would probably be safer in WALMART-back in the fabric section which would be totally fine by me because it's my favorite anyway!!
Daniel is finally done with school thank goodness, and now he is, as Coach Sutton puts it, "The Gopher of Stillwater." He is working full time running around from Conoco to Conoco just doing all of the dirty work that the lazy managers don't want to do themselves. he gets to paint, clean car washes, bag ice, mop floors, get all of the dead flies out of the outside lights, pick up trash, etc. He is trying to make enough money to pay rent for June and July because even though we won't be here, living in our apartment, we still have to pay (you know what's it's like when you sign the dotted line). Our options were very limited-1. Pay your rent or 2. Pay your rent AND move out then find a new place when you get back--NO THANK YOU. Finding a place that has never been smoked in is next to impossible out here in Smokeville, USA.
Speaking of summer plans, for those of you who are wondering what we will be up to, here is the rundown. We will be leaving Oklahoma for Utah on June 7th and will hopefully be arriving on the night of the 8th. From June 8th to June 22nd we will be living at my dad's place while he is in Europe. From June 22 to August 9th we will be living at my mom's house. Daniel will be in New York from July 5th through the 26th (Jaxton and I are staying in Utah) and then from July 29th to August 3rd we will be in Newbury Park doing a basketball camp there and visiting all of our friends and family in California. We will fly back to Utah and then be off to good old OK again on August 9th. We hope to be able to spend some time with every one of you so please get in touch with us so we can make plans.
What a fun and crazy adventure this summer is going to be. Jaxton will be turning 1 year old on July 15th. I can't believe it! he is such a wonderful little boy who brings so much joy to not only the lives of his mommy and daddy but also the lives of all those who associate with him. I can't tell you how many random places that I have been that Jaxton has just smiled at someone and they have said to me, "He just made my whole day!" He is such a good baby and he is always so happy. We have so much fun hanging out together everyday. he isn't just crawling now he is cruising in high gear. For those of you who have been frazzled by experiencing the way Daniel paces all around the house when he talks on the phone just imagine Jaxton, following his daddy's every step on his knees. It is so funny to watch. Jaxton is now pulling himself up onto everything. he helps me do the dishes by pulling himself up on the dishwasher and taking all of the silverware out of the holder as soon as I get it in there. he is the best little helper I've ever had! he also dances now and let me tell you he puts Micheal Jackson to shame. As soon as music starts playing from somewhere he either bounces up and down if he is standing up or rocks back and forth if he is on his knees. This boy has some rhythm! He must get it from his father SIKE!
He finally started eating fruits and he also loves to share his daddy's popsicles with him. My favorite thing that he does right now is when he wakes up in the morning we bring him into our bed and give him a bottle and then as soon as he is done with it he turns toward me and puts his little arm around my neck and falls asleep again. It just melts my heart. We took him to the zoo for the first time last Monday. Eh could have cared less about the animals but he had a blast checking out all of the people and the other kids in their strollers. I got some cute pictures of him sharing his animal crackers with the monkey statue. Daniel and I are entertained each day by Jaxton. He is going to be the biggest goof ball ever, but with parents like us, what else could anyone expect!

No comments: